What Date? (Read: I Want A Dog)

who was on a date tonight? certainly not me. know why? because dates are fun and cute and flirty and fun. and what i was on (for a grand total of an hour-that-felt-like-three) was something excrutiating and pointless and completely ill-conceived.

i have no idea why, either.

in contrast, here is a picture of a great dog (my sister's):
Sully the dog with Hops the cat

so while trying to figure out how something so simple (a date) could be so challenging (why?), it hit me: if i had a dog, i could avoid excruitiating, pointless, ill-conceived non-dates because i would have a dog at home...meaning i wouldn't leave the dog -- the most loyal, most charming, most sweetest thing ever -- at home for just some guy. a dog would force me to raise my standards, a la "is DudeA really worth leaving Spot alone for?"

and i am resigned to believing that 9 out of 10 times the answer would be no.

Comments

  1. If you had a dog like your sister's, it might lower your standards...any excuse to get away from the incessant foot chewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! really? Awwwww, man. Here all this time in spinsterville I have been thinking... ok, there are girls out there who go on dates and have fun, and one day you'll have to do that. ARGH.

    OK, also... while a dog is great, I mean I love dogs! cute! cuddle! A battery opeated device is just as, um, satisfying and also much cheaper in the long run.

    Your cost conscious but non-dating friend,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. good point re: batteries...though my collection is already rather obscene (as it were).

    did i not tell you? The Boy works here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a dog, too.

    Yet another reason why we should *still* get married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiki

    "Dogs are God's way of saying 'Don't lower the bar just because you're single'." -Greg Behrendt

    I'm new to your blog...started from the beginning and I'm reading up.

    And I can't get enough. You're BRILLIANT. I'm only in April of 2005 and I can't wait to see what is developing in the months ahead. Blogs like yours are proof to my theory that truth is sooooooooo much more interesting than fiction.

    Rock on!

    Cheers,
    Toma =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your dog is so cute! I'm also a dog-lover Kristy and I'm not having a date tonight but if I do have I will not go either I'd rather sleep at home and have my pet beside me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute :) I'm a pet lover , i consider may dog as one of my best friend . Every time i have a problem i always feel okay every time i see her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts