Happy Mother's Day

life is weird and unpredictable and bizarre and brilliant and often really, really funny.

i hear motherhood is like that, too.

so to all the moms and mom-to-be's among my imaginary internet friends, thank you for everything. especially for laughing.

oh! and speaking of laughing...can i just say how utterly giddy i am that my little sister is going to be a mom? a Mom! my sister!

who i still think of like this!
awwwww!
you know, back in the days when she kept pieces of wood as pets and sang linda ronstadt songs to her snoopy doll and was afraid of birds.

and so no, i know she is not four years old anymore. it's just that it's hard to believe that my sisters and i are grown up now and two of us are actually going to be aunts and one of us is going to be an actual mom. really and truly.

isn't life amazing?

anyway, unlike her older sister who can barely manage to keep her cats fed, i know full well that my sister is going to be a great mother.

because she had an incredible teacher...

our beautiful mother
(my beautiful mother with my beautiful sister)

...who had the greatest laugh ever.



Comments

  1. You are ALL beautiful! Happy Cat's Mothers Day to you and Happy Orchids Mothers Day to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby sister had a baby in December of last year. I know exactly how you feel. Just wait until the little one arrives. I have totally spoiled my neice as evidenced by the 5 month birthday presents I bought for Little Bit just yesterday. But, oh does it bring joy to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh you look like your mom! What a great tribute to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with my sister. Even though I recently turned 38, I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an adult. How can my baby sister have two children of her own? It boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sob!!*

    -el snarkster

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for making me all teary-eyed on monday morning...
    your mom would be so proud. congrats to your sister and the two new aunties. (and grampa, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being an aunt is the best. My younger niece is so much like her mommy(my sister) that I feel I am stepping into a time warp looking at her. It's incredible .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos were so sweet. As the oldest of four, I enjoy being an auntie too cuz there's no way in hizzell I'm birthing my own little dependents :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aweeeeeeeeeeee! How sweet! How beautiful! Enjoy your upcoming neice or nephew K!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you and your sisters! Being an aunt is a superb honor. I had no idea I could love anyone as much as I loved my niece from the second I found out she was on her way to us. Then, four years later, my darling nephew was born. I am so in love with those two! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts