Well, That Solved *That* Problem

Every single word of this is true.

I was lying (laying? God, I will never know) in bed, contemplating the aspects of this season's Project Runway that make it so much less interesting than any previous season, when it occurred to me that I hadn't blogged yet today.

Crap! What am I going to blog about at this late hour? I wondered as I stared at HGTV's Property Virgins and their out-of-control Canadian accents.

I decided I'd just search my iPhoto library (migrated successfully earlier today, thankyouverymuch) and pick out some crazy photo and tell you about its circumstances.

Ish was not in bed yet, he was in the bathroom, so I got up to tell him I had to go blog.

I started to say, "I forgot I have to--" when I rounded the corner to see this:


and I was immediately relieved.

(Well, surprised, too. I mean, I've never seen my husband standing on my bathroom counter before. And even though it was for a good reason -- replacing a lightbulb all on his own, no prompting from me -- I just didn't expect to stumble upon this scene.)

But I was relieved because I knew immediately what photo I was going to blog about. Ha!

Ish sort of asked me what I was saying as I left and reentered the bathroom, this time with my phone/camera. "Oh, I just forgot that I have to go blog. I'll be back up in a few minutes," I said. I snapped a picture of him and came down to blog this.

I'm 99% sure he has no idea that I took the picture or that it's going live tonight. But what am I supposed to do? It's now 11:43 and I can't very well just start over with a totally new blog post.

No, this is it.

Perhaps one of the most meaningless posts in my history of posts, starring a picture of my husband changing a lightbulb until such time as he discovers this is here and gets mad at me and asks me to take it down.

So I guess if you ask: How many cute, bald, MBAs-who-moonlight-as-stand-up-comedians does it take to screw in a lightbulb while standing on a bathroom counter? The answer is: One. But his insane wife will have to blog about it if it happens after 11 p.m. on a night during NaBloPoMo.







Comments

  1. Project Runway is terribly uninteresting this season. I don't know if it's just that they picked a boring bunch of people or what. I don't really care who wins (though I assume it will be Irina) which is never the case. I am usually far too deeply invested in who wins that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's those boxer shorts that MAKE that picture. Sexyyyy LEGS! Reer! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly watched Project Runway before and haven't seen it at all this season, but Lifetime, Wow! was doing recaps for a while and got so bored they gave up. There's some interesting talk of what's wrong with the season in their last few posts on it before they went back to just recapping Lifetime movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say I ever noticed the accents, but that's probably because I'm Canadian and they just sound normal :)

    Very impressed Ish is changing a lightbulb without prompting. Even better that he's doing it in his underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the picture! Ish, don't make Kristy take it down, please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That *was* pretty sneaky, K!

    Just remember... I have a camera phone *too*... BWA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute picture! I love Project Runway *and* HGTV. Maybe we are TV Twins.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts