Guys Shouldn't Get To Have All The Fun

Last year, about half the people I knew emailed me a link to the Straight, No Chaser video. You know, the one of the male a cappella group singing a mixed-up version of The 12 Days of Christmas.

Okay, for those of you who somehow missed this a cappella gem (and I'm really not sure how that would be possible), here it is, sort of:




I say sort of because the version above is from a recent show. The original recording was of a performance they did ten years prior, while at Indiana University.

Regardless, the versions are awesome. And I decided that, if it was possible to get my hands on a copy of the underlying arrangement, I would....and then I hoped that we (our all-female a cappella group) would be willing to try our version of it.

Well, I did. And we are.

Today I spent nearly several hours in an extra rehearsal with The Loose Interpretations working out this very number. And you know? We may not have the charm and appeal of college(esque) boys in tuxedos, but we make a damn good run of it. We've tweaked it to be a little more "us," but I think we do the arrangement proud.

I will try and get a recording of us performing it before Christmas.

Comments

  1. Finally, a Christmas song in mid-November that doesn't make me cringe!

    Can't wait to see/hear the Loosies twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all-male acapella choir of medical students - "The Auscultations" - is doing this song....it's tons of fun, and we've added our own twists :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that will be awesome. Can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could come back and sing this with the Tones! What fun!! Can't wait to hear/see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh ! Please please !! That would be fabulous. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for sharing this! it was great

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!!

    I bet your group will kill with this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts