I Have A Very Special (Read: CRAZY) Thanksgiving Post In The Works

What was the over-under on my completing NaBloPoMo? I was doing well there for a long while, yeah? But also, weren't those posts kind of lame? ( Don't answer that.)

I'm using the baby as an excuse. But also? I finished my Christmas shopping. So neener, neener.

I need to figure out some computer equipment and wait until Eve naps to be able to bring you this Very Special Thanksgiving Post, but for at least one of you, I hope it will be worth it. Either that, or it will confirm that I have officially lost my mind.

Yesterday, I realized that The Hallmark Channel had started on its Christmas Movies from noon to midnight jag, and I accidentally saw parts of two movies that I cannot believe exist. The first was called Smoky Mountain Christmas and starred -- yes, starred -- Dolly Parton. I think she was supposed to be a music star, and then there were seven orphans of varying ethnicity and a witch(??) and I'm pretty sure the story was loosely based on Snow White. I don't know what to do with any of that.

Then later there was a movie called Meet The Santas and I only caught a few moments of it, but apparently it's a SEQUEL, not kidding, and there's Steve Gutenberg (hair dye? plugs? a little lift?) and Crystal Bernard (nose job, lips, hair extensions) PLUS a very masculine-looking Mariette Hartley attempting a southern accent. So, yeah.

I wanted to follow up with you guys about my Thanksgiving plans.

Ms. txsjewels: I think your stuffing add-ins sound awesome, but I have a couple questions and I can't figure out how to contact you. Please email or FB or IM me!

Ms. bzh - you were right on the money with those napkin rings you suggested:



I love them, and the seller agreed to work with me to get them here by tomorrow. (Twigs and berries!) But for real, they're grapevines, which seems appropriate for our location.

All of your suggestions have been helpful and I'll let you know what all ends up getting put together. I gathered a crazy assortment of potential centerpiece-y things and I'm still not 100% sure where I'm going with it all...

Comments

  1. email me!
    txsjewels@gmail.com

    love the twig/berry thing you got goin on.

    and steve guttenberg, i know. ugh. i saw some of that meet the santas last year. hallmark channel: i vote no.

    i think ABC family will start their 30 days of christmas in dec. now THATs christmas!

    ..julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so love those napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm late on the stuffing train, but I figured I'd add my 2 cents anyway... I sautee very, very finely chopped onion and celery in butter, then add finely minced almonds - long enough to toast them - and raisin - long enough to soften them. Then the dried stuffing mix (usually some sort of herb concoction, NOT Stove Top but stuffing cubes, you know what I mean). I add chicken stock (vegetable stock will do, too), never water. Super-delish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts