Yankee Doodle

First of all, I'd like to point out that it's not even 10 a.m. and not only am I awake and UP, but I am so awake and up that I am actually blogging.

Not that this entry will be a long one.

Here is a brief synopsis of the blessed event:

Awesome!

AWESOME!!

AWESOME!!!

puke.


Yes, for the second time in as many visits, I ended the evening at the Hilton by throwing up. This time, however, it was much classier, in that I did not hurl in the cab, but instead? Right there in the restaurant.

Oh, but before you think I did anything distasteful, please note that my dear friend, Snarky, was there at the ready. So I did not throw up on the floor or a table or any such thing. No, no. I threw up into an ice bucket. (One of the fancy standing ones reserved for chilling champagne.)

Basically, I have been really good at pacing myself when I drink. I haven't gotten drunk or been hungover in months. (Probably a matter of an incredibly high tolerance, but whatever.)

Anyway, the show was awesome. The comedians were fun and funny, Ish was a darling host, and even the comedian who doesn't know my name was a big hit. Especially when she started calling El_Gallo "Ish II" based on his look, having no idea who he was or that he was my ex. Good times.

Some lovely people brought gifts I haven't opened, so I'll have lots of people to thank.

TheBoy brought streamers and decorated the faux brick wall with them. And also me. It was VERY difficult for IIFs (Hi Leigh! Hi Jesse!) to guess which one was the birthday girl, what with the crepe paper wrapped around me as though I'd just emerged from the depths of a party-planning lake -- the Creature From The Pink Crepe Lagoon. Plus with a birthday hat.

Dancing was fun, too, except the DJ seemed content to ignore ALL of my song requests. (That's okay. I showed him by puking. Ha! Take that!)

It was a great time, and I felt fine -- nothing had hit me yet -- until the spankings began.

My group of friends take birthday spankings VERY seriously, and somewhere in the back of the Hilton, I was given 31+ very deserved wallops. And then I backed away from the spankers and felt dizzy.

Less than 30 minutes later I was asleep in my bed, a charming comedian next to me, and fond thoughts of an excellent birthday dancing around in my head.

With, you know, a bucket next to the bed.

Comments

  1. Sounds utterly fantasmic!!!!! And what's a party without a little vomiting?

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. How else does one end an evening at the Hilton besides vomiting into a champagne bucket? Seems perfectly appropriate to me.

    I can't believe I left without spanking you. I'll have to give you twice as many next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like fun! Happy birthday! Are you going to post pictures at some point?
    Hope you are feeling better by now--if not, get Tension Tamer tea by Celestial Seasonings. After a company party last week I got sooooo sick, and that tea saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How else does one end an evening at the Hilton besides vomiting into a champagne bucket?

    There's a Paris joke in there, but I'm still a little too fuzzy from way to much whiskey last night to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I'm glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, indeed, pictures! We demand pictures!

    But... not, you know, of the vomitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly, what dena said. If you don't have photos, stick figures will suffice of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the evening due to food poisoning! I was praying to the porcelain God from Sunday night through most of the day yesterday and I didn’t get presents or spankings out of it, damnit. ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! sounds like a mostly great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! I wish I had ever puked into anything half as classy as a Hilton ice bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you know i'm always there for ya. but props to ish for cleaning it out before we left. if that's not love, i don't know what is.

    -el snarkster

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you 31st was better than my 30th. I should have hung out with you.

    Happy Belated!

    Oh, and the vomiting is a true sign that a party was had!

    Best Wishes,

    Al

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts