Dandy

On further "reflection," apparently I wasn't exactly completely sober right up till the end of my birthday party.

P (at work just now): Do you remember saying good-bye to us?

me (thinking very hard): No.

P: Uh-huh. Basically, you told us you were sooooo happy to know us, but that you had to go back to the dance floor because you were being reeled in by a very hot black man you didn't know. Then you wished us a happy birthday.

me: Hmmmm.


* * * * * *

Ish is not moving to LA. He got an amazing job offer here in the Bay Area (in wine country, no less) that is very exciting and a great fit and really, perfectly fabulous. Hooray!


* * * * * *

While I have been whooping it up all birthday-style, my poor sisters and my aunt and Jane have been subjected to the previously-unbeknownst-as-urgent need to clear out my father's house.

Nothing like spending grueling summer days emptying out a house full of memories and dish towels and old newspapers and odds and ends that adorned our lives.


* * * * * *

I unintentionally posted the rather ineloquent "Burrito Head" entry on my nephew's birthday. My sister did not think this amusing.

Happy Belated Birthday, Charlie!

Demure - just like his auntie!

Not so much sure why this camera is in my face

Pictures are silly!

* * * * * *


I have a NEW resolve. That is, to resume posting once a day (weekends notwithstanding), and hopefully relate funny stories once again.


* * * * * *

Probably because I am now old, I mostly do not understand myspace.com at all. But if you'd like to join my ever-growing network of like, 12 people, please feel free to 'add' me.

I'm right here.

Comments

  1. He was a really good-looking guy, and we completely understood him reeling you in instead of saying goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yay! you're on myspace now... only, get some more pictures girl!

    so now i have both you and purl on my lame-o "friend's list". i'm pretty sure you're the only IIF's i have on there. *sigh* i wish it was real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I forgot about you barfing in the bucket until I read it in your blog, and I was standing RIGHT THERE when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the hallmark of a most excellent birthday party. i mean, aside from the barfing. you gotta have stories of things you did that you don't remember.

    i wish i hadn't missed it...!

    and yaaay, ish is staying! that's fabulous.

    i don't get myspace either. but i'm 1000 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. I don't get it.

    I have an account because...I don't know, some blog made me do it. I seriously don't remember why.

    I added you as my friend (hi friend!) and if you accept (I'd beg but, gawd. I'm too tired.) you'll be number two! After that Tom guy! Who I guess founded the place! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy for you that Ish is staying. (and for me. The stories quite rule.) I requested you as a friend on MySpace (I'd be sno-cone) but man oh man, you shouldn't have done that. Every time I try to get out they pull me back in. Save yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get myspace, either. Signed up because most of the people at the coffee shop where I write have accounts, but I've never really gotten into it.

    Aaaaanyway, "Saint Pete Sam" has added you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristy, happy happy belated birthday!

    Yreina... I don't have a myspace account, as you well know, as I am not hip enough or cool enough for that sort of thing. Though I do hear tell that my cat has a myspace page. Damn cats, always leaving fur on the keyboard. heh.

    p.s. congrats K to your comic and his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited about potential daily posts!

    And Happy Belated Birthday!

    And, thanks for agreeing to add me as a myspace friend! I don't use it much, but leaving comments for people can be somewhat amusing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts