Bringin' It On Home

So we announced today where the BlogHer Conferences are going to be held this coming year.

You can check out the full post here, but the highlights are...

1. BlogHer Business will again be in New York City on April 3-4.

2. BlogHer is launching a TOUR. We are going to be heading to SIX different cities for one-day conferences all down the Eastern seaboard. Starting in Boston and ending in New Orleans. How much does that rock? Y'all. (Ya'll?)

3. GUESS WHERE BLOGHER08 IS GOING TO BE!?!?!
Well, right. It's not like I didn't have a hand in helping figure it out, but still. The event could ONLY have been in SF if everyone else wanted it there, and we could find a way to make it awesome and a real SF experience and still be relatively affordable.

Oh hey, did you see that? SAN FRANCISCO!!!!

I begged every hotel in the city that could fit us to see what they could do, and I think we found a great, amazing, fantastic venue.

It's really quite stunning.

Also, this means that I can WALK to the conference venue from my apartment. (I won't, of course, but I could, and that is what is important.)

I am so excited I don't even know what else to say.

Except that if you're planning to come to SF, please do say hello.


Next up (for serious): a post called Johan The Wonder Swede!

Comments

  1. Are there dates for the tour yet? I didn't see any in the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Greensboro, NC? Who goes to Greensboro, NC? I'll tell you who, the Dancing with the Stars tour, Monster Trucks, and Clay Aiken. That's it. I ought to know, because I live near there (and have attended a monster truck rally there, too). Hooray for BlogHer for recognizing the coolness that is The BORO!

    I am so excited, I can't believe it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that is pretty exciting. I have been too much of a little nervous wuss to go to BlogHer the past two years, but this year me and some of my best blogging buds have vowed to GO! And I gotta tell ya, San Fransisco is only sweetening the deal :)

    Unless I chicken out...tell me it's not scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JR - No, we haven't set those yet. There are so many factors to consider that the actual conference dates haven't been pinned down. But we're shooting to start the second week in October of '08.

    nikki - the kind folks here at BlogHer have been adamant about how Greensboro is a blogging and tech mecca of the South. and I've never been to NC, so I'm totally psyched!

    elise - BlogHer is TOTALLY NOT SCARY OMG. Seriously, it is probably the LEAST scary event you will ever attend. I am not kidding.


    And to everyone: JOHAN THE WONDER SWEDE is the best name for a blog post ever! Isn't it??? Where is the LOVE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. y'all (short for you all)

    Hi - I'll be in SF. And other places. :-)

    BlogHer is not scary at all. Not even a little bit, Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best. beds. ever. at the St. Francis.
    Kudos to you for working it out! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that rocks! w00t! i'm thrilled to know it will be so close. i will so be there this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, SF is a wonderful city, so it should be great. But I do hope some year you'll give the East Coast a chance - I would like to be able to go at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pyewacket! the business event is in NY, and the road show is ONLY on the east coast.

    Boston, DC, Greensboro, Nashville, Atlanta and New Orleans...

    ...so see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. y'all

    you all, shortened to y'all

    You'll need that in Greensboro, Nashville, and Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, you are my hero. How do you do it? I think you should hold a special "Master Secrets of Event Planning, 101" workshop. I would so be there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry - my fault for skimming! Two points off on reading comprehension - I'll definitely do the one-day in Boston.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts