Hi. I'm Kristy.



And this is my personal blog.

Now, before we get too far into the "personal" aspect here, I should state for the record: I am actually a professional. I am a founder and partner of a successful social media network and agency, and come from a sort-of intense -- albeit rather diverse at times -- business background. I held my first agency marketing position at age 19 and have been online since 1993. I state this because NONE of that will seem obvious by reading anything else here. Hi. 

I've been writing about my life here for over eight years. And if that seems all sorts of crazy to you, welcome aboard!

Prominently featured, recurring characters on this blog include (in order of appearance):
  • My ass, for which this blog is mostly named
Here is a drawing of my ass with a pantyhose hole during a critical moment in my career. (You can read THAT post here.)
  • Wine
  • Oh, and Gin
  • And Bourbon
  • My boobs, which have their own gravitational force
  • My sisters
  • <s>My a cappella group</s> (this ended after kid #2)
  • My husband, Peter, who goes by "Ish"
  • My two young children, who are listed last because they came on the scene well after I'd started blogging

Supporting roles go to various friends, family, and my stupid cats (of which there were FOUR, don't even get me started). Plus the occasional craft and/or cooking project gone awry.

When I started this in January of 2005, I was 29. I was single, dating, and living in a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco. I had a kind of ridiculous job that indirectly involved selling miniature donkeys (not kidding) and also allowed me to blog a lot (the market for miniature donkeys isn't really that demanding). I wrote mostly about trying to lose weight...
...going on bad dates following a bad break-up, drinking too much, and generally making a fool of myself. Especially at the gym (see: The Fireman and My Ass).

Prior to my San Francisco escapades, I'd lived in Connecticut. I grew up and stayed there until everything fell to pieces in 2001 when, two weeks after my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my husband left me. Over the phone. So, yeah. (I wrote a series of short but poignant-if-I-do-say-so posts about my divorce here.) Thus, with nothing to lose, I decided to move to SF -- sight unseen -- in October of 2001.

Both of my parents died of cancer by the time I was 30.

In August of 2005, I went on (yet another) date with (yet another) guy I met on Craigslist. It didn't start off well. But, thanks to an entirely inappropriate comment made by yours truly, the date got better. We got engaged a little over three years later, five days before we found out I was pregnant. We were married unceremoniously at SF City Hall on Obama's Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009.

Then we moved to Napa.

This means that yes, I live among the wine now. It's as if the mother ship has called me home.

Our daughter, Eve, was born in July of 2009. Our son, Townsend, was born in May of 2011.

* * * * * * * *
More about me! In bullet fashion! La la laaaaa!

  • I started this blog under the guise that I would be using it to write about my weight loss efforts. And if you've been following along, you'll know that the only proper response to hearing that is HAHAHAHA.

  • This is why I can't wear sundresses:


  • I grew up in Connecticut in a big, falling-apart farmhouse that was not unlike a zoo. My parents raised me and my two younger sisters with lots of love and animals and games and fun, but only parts of my childhood were idyllic. Many pieces were broken, too. As a point of reference, we were not raised with any religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "bourbon" in which case I say hallelujah, amen.

  • I fall a lot. And spill. And trip. I am always bruised. (True story: as I was driving to work this morning, I noticed that I had managed to get a glop of toothpaste on my pant leg, just under my knee. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? I don't know. It just does.) My friend refers to this as my "breezy elegance." I try to embrace it.

  • I am liberal, in pretty much every way you can be liberal.

  • Given how much I spill and trip and make a complete ass out of myself, it may be hard for you to believe that I have ever had an actual job. You are not wrong to be confused. But as I state above, before I left the workplace to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom, I actually had impressive-y type jobs at Important Organizations, including this company, which we liked to refer to as being in "The Fortune 1." (CORPORATE HUMOR, FOLKS.)

    More recently, I was the person who ran BlogHer's Conferences and Events and all related Marketing. That means that I was responsible for running the BlogHer Conferences when they were just getting off the ground. I take great pride in this, since our events seemed to set the bar for blogging conferences everywhere. It was a tough job, but I daresay I know as much as anyone about how sponsors and bloggers should work together.

    Anyway.

    A few twists and fortuitous turns later, I joined forces with the women who launched Clever Girls Collective. I'm now a full-fledged partner in our kickass social media agency, and find that running my own business while being a work-from-home mom is exactly what I want to be doing.  It allows me to be smart and productive despite having stains on my shirt.

    Also, I know a lot of stuff.

Hmm. There are also like, a million other things I should probably also mention, but I don't know how to prioritize them. So oh well. Maybe you will have to read the blog after all. 

Or you could just ask. I kind of suck at replying to email in a timely fashion, but I will write you back eventually.

But just because you read this much (wow!), I have posted some pictures below for your enjoyment.

Happy reading!

-k

Further synopsis via random snapshots!

I grew up in Norwalk, CT. In this house. It looks pretty but please note that absolutely nothing inside of it ever worked.

















I have two younger sisters (featured circa 1984):


Foreshadowing a life as a super-sexy knitter, in high school, I was a super-sexy member of the marching band. My senior year, I was even the drum major:


Then I thought I grew up, so I got married:


I was wrong about the grown-up thing, so I got divorced, drove across the country, and spent several years living in San Francisco as though I were 22. Disposable income FTW!

Sometimes people take pictures of me when I've been drinking:

(That's the cable car going by.)

I like gin martinis:


Now I live in Napa with these cute people (photo December, 2009):



Comments

  1. This was way more fun to read than most bio pages. Brava! Dig the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with shananigans. nicely done!

    btw, my latest email from linkedin includes you as someone i should link with, because you're linked to someone linked to someone linked to me. or something like that.

    i had to laugh. i want to tell the linkedin people that i found you long ago. thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me Shull o' Fit. That summer dress blog is still one of my favorites!! It still cracks me up just seeing the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I totally have a girl-crush now. I found you on a link on my best friend's blog. YOU ARE ME!!! I fall... a lot... and I chew my cuticles, and I thought I was an adult and I got married, too... And then I divorced and dated all the wrong people (and then in a weird turn, dated a guy who turned out to be a stalker... like, really -- testifying soon), and now have the most wonderful man in the world in my life, and I just paid my personal trainer $360 to make me lose weight before a very FABULOUS wedding I'm going to in October. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love...

    I like martinis

    The End!

    Indeed

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stumbled onto you and this was a great get-to-know you! Such a good idea!
    We have several parallels: 30 something, live alone, divorced . . . no cats or boyfriend but I was in band in high school AND college!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo funny. My name is Christi and I fall and stumble ALL the time too! I am always getting stuff on me and I have no clue how or where it came from. I can't wait to read your blog from start to finish! Oh yeah, and I am recently divorced. Wow, glad to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it that I'm only just now finding your blog out here on the Internets?! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so, i googled "i'm so meta" and found your blog. because i'm having some really f-ing annoying meta moments right now.

    anyway, i live in SF and when i started reading your bio (which had all the ingredients of what i think i like in people), i thought, "i hope this girl lives in SF." not because i'm going to try and stalk you or anything, but it's some small relief to know that one less idiot lives close by. (i think.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun bio - and I live in Connecticut, so that's always like OMG and all that... Also I have gotten toothpaste on myself and gone to work like that many, many times. My husband and I met at a former job, actually, and on the carpool in together, I used to spill coffee on myself EVERY DAY. Without fail. It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the "about" page... When I meet a new blog - I will read a first post, but always seek out more to see if I wanna commit (it can take effort to click on a feed, ya know?)...

    Anyway. This page almost made me fall in love with you - just kidding, or not, but really.... I have a long-ish "about" page, but you've inspired me to post some pics.

    I love martinis too. Lu-huv! By the way - your site is so pretty, and I love the tagline - I do :)

    OK, off to get your feed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found you today and you just might be my new blogging hero. I LOVED your pics, especially the humiliating ones of your friends....hahahaha. I love a girl who can make me laugh. Wow.... that sounded stalkerish.... I'm not. Unless you like that sorta thing.... then I'll consider it. But just for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. u make me want to go ahead and make a bio page...hmmm...kristy...mama, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this about post!!!

    funny shite!

    BTW I like martinis too...we should like totally hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Love your blog! I'm not sure how I found it - but I love it. :) Its fun!

    You can check mine out at http://www.stuckinafluffybody.typepad.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome bio. i *might* have to steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. loved reading this. i know EXACTLY what you mean about trying to get to the GIST of someone : )
    -manisha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Welcome to SF! (I know you've been here a while but I just met you.) Anyways, I had your blog on one of my Google tabs for a few days before I got around to reading this and now I can't remember how I found you. But anyways, I need more blog friends who I can actually maybe see in real life, so come by and say hi and wanna have drinks sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey nice to meet you. And I sure feel like I have :) I wonder if you ever got together with Amy, who lives in the same city, and who is the comment above me. I'm so nosy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I found you via Five-Star. I think I love you. That is all.

    I'll be back for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How is it exactly that it took me until 2009 to discover this blog?! I'm still laughing at the wee blurb on facebook...
    Happy New Year & can't wait to hear what happens next in your life.
    Btw, in addition to Dexter (which truly is fantastic), check out Mad Men (unless you have already and I just didn't read that post yet)...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish that my work didn't filter out your photos. I'm dying to put a face to the words!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, it is SO time to update this profile!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, you are funny. It's hard to write funny and you do it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wonder if we ever crossed paths! I moved to San Francisco in June of 2001, after my mom died (also cancer).

    I miss SF so much, even if a lot of the memories are a blurry tequila haze aboard the N-Judah!

    ReplyDelete
  27. um, i totally want to be your friend. why are you so funny??? you just followed me on twitter... probably because i stalk mandy from harpershappenings. i follow you too now. and in all serious, i have a feeling i will be stalking you too. in the best possible way. i'm putting you on my blog roll. i think i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an adorable child. She looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the bio. can't believe you have been blogging for 5 years and i just discovered you.

    from a fellow (still in shock to say the term) stay-at-home mama in SF.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Who you kidding with that last "drarwing"? (Do you like my bum? Cheeky bum looka?")

    The bottle deserves no red coloring as it surely empty (like mine). Certainly the cup is half full, however. :)

    GC

    ReplyDelete
  31. random thought........you wrote this the day my oldest son was born and I was 18. You don't update often.lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so slow. I read the post after I wrote the last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That Other Carrie2:17 PM, May 27, 2010

    I think you may be Kara Thrace...

    ReplyDelete
  34. If you grew up in Norwalk I imagine that was the Norwalk High marching band you were the drum major of? If so, that kicks butt. I went to East Lyme and we were SERIOUS competitors at marching band competitions. (Norwalk usually won. Sadface.)

    Neato-blog!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow that is a well maintained about me page. Interesting and wonderful. Thanks for this. Good one keep it up.It was very interesting to read about you and family. A very good way to present your self.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I loved you before, but after reading this, I flove you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. does the picture above -> http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/kristysf/wdress2.jpg

    is that they way you portrait yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  38. You know, I thought you were awesome anyway cause you're a Clever Girl, but after reading this page, you are officially all types, brands, and species of awesome.

    Oh, and honey, ain't nothin' wrong with a big ass. The bigger the better!

    ReplyDelete
  39. i was reading about aftercare on tattoos (aquaphor) , just got my second one, saw your blog, pretty funny! i will keep watching...

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have that same tent dress. And you're probably the most envied woman in America, on account of you living in the land of grapes. The mothership calling you home indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Loved your bio! We have a lot in common, I too am a Clever Girl, mom lost to cancer, moved from east coast to SF in 2000, hate sundresses, LOVE wine and food, and my mother used to say that I was like a bull in a china shop - so, klutz.

    And now, I must seek out the blog about selling miniature donkeys - b/c well, it kind of reminds me of the petite lap giraffe. Cheers! Glad I landed here by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Am brand spanking new to your blog. Best Bio page I've ever read (except I'm sorry about your Mum and Dad. And the deadbeat ex). I'll be sticking around.

    Maybe in hopes of a nipple shot. Otherwise, because you seem to embrace my kind of snark! :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. A Big Hi to you there.. I'm gonna be exploring your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awwww. Look at that little buttercup all fuzzy and wrapped in cuteness. Your baby's adorable too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. This bio rocks. Your honesty about cocktailing is hilarious. Your childhood home in Connecticut looks dreamy, but I hear you on how looks can be deceiving. Kudos to you for being able to start your life over again the way you have. And your kids are cuties. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Kristy, I learned about you from Melissa's (A Wide Line) Friday referral and she was right, you are hysterically funny! Thanks for a great read, I will be back to visit again!!
    Lisa Weinstein

    www.lisagradessweinstein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. One of the best intros I have had the pleasure to read. Being a real person rocks. Thanks for sharing your story. Very encouraging for me to do the same. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  48. However, these are not strong enough to remove THC or any other hard drug residue. As a result, you will also need to use some type of detox shampoo, such as the Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo, for the complete result. These methods are especially useful when you have a very short time before a hair test. When combined, they should accelerate the detox process. It dates back years ago when a company named Nexxus formulated this shampoo for swimmers who spend hours in the swimming pool and have loads of chlorine stuck in their hair. Chlorine is notoriously known to be clingy and does not wash out of hair easily.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Best at-home detox—Home Drug Test Kits The best THC detox techniques include convenient, easy-to-order products, and at-home remedies too. If you need a solution to get rid of any remaining cannabinoids in your body, with the use of everyday objects you can easily grab at your local grocery, then this is the best THC detox technique for you. Drinking fresh-squeezed lemon juice mixed with water (or separately, if you can handle lemon’s natural, strong citrus taste) is an effective way to get rid of all that remaining THC in you. That’s because constant hydration and the vitamins and minerals found in lemon promote urination, which flushes out any toxins in your body—weed included. Use the aforementioned tips and tricks, and make sure you try out all/any of the products we’ve recommended. Thorough research into this topic tells us just how hard it is to pass any drug test, especially one that relies on the hair follicles.

    ReplyDelete
  50. The price is 10516, source. Hundreds of delighted clients have tried Aloe Rid shampoo, and we have had a lot of success stories. We have never seen a customer pass a hair drug test without using the Aloe Rid shampoo beforehand. Users have given the product a 5-star rating, making it one of the most effective and popular hair detox shampoos on the market. Many internet forums and blog comments attest to the fact that this shampoo is the real deal and can help you pass common hair drug tests. ⇒ Click Here to Visit the Official Website of Toxin Rid The Toxin Rid brand isn't the only reliable one available. A few additional shampoos include comparable components and are designed to achieve the same thing: penetrate the hair quickly and remove toxins and contaminants. One of these is Zydot Ultra Clean, which is well-known in the marijuana world due to its use in the Jerry G hair detox procedure. It's a three-part system, with shampoo, purifier, and conditioner packets included in each box. To get the most out of Zydot, make sure you've properly cleansed your hair before applying it. This brand is designed to be used on the day of the hair follicle drug tests. Keep in mind that only half of the zydot ultra clean shampoo packet should be used initially, with the remaining half saved for after the purifier and before the conditioner. Since the natural accumulation of oil would expose the hair and scalp to recontamination throughout the day, Ultra Clean will remain effective for a period of 24 hours after usage. Make sure you shampoo your hair with the product right before your test. It is insufficient as a detox procedure on its own. However, it works effectively as a supplement to Aloe Toxin Rid or as part of a wider detox program. It is claimed by users that it successfully removes all toxins from hair, making hair follicle drug tests simpler to pass. While it works well as a solo product for light and moderate marijuana users, it is insufficient as a detoxifier for chronic or heavy users. Customers praised the product's light and pleasant baby-shampoo-like scent, as well as the fact that the hair retains its natural luster and health even after repeated use. The majority of people gave this product a rating of 4-5 stars. ⇒ Click Here to Visit the Official Website of Zydot For years, the Rescue Detox brand has been on the detoxifying market. Rescue Detox is a fast-acting shampoo that eliminates opiates, cocaine, THC, and other substances from hair follicles until they are no longer detectable by routine hair follicle drug testing. If you're on a budget, Rescue Detox Hair Shampoo is a viable option. It claims to work in as little as an hour and protects you for up to 24 hours against a positive hair test. Its ground-breaking solution can also be used to cure damaged hair. It primarily removes impurities from the hair, enters the hair shaft, and removes undesired chemicals and drug poisons from the hair. It also conditions the hair, making it healthier and easier to handle. The product comes in a 2 oz bottle, intended for single use. Use a small amount of shampoo and massage it into your scalp thoroughly to receive the best outcome. It is also important that you avoid the use of any styling products on your hair and that you do not cover your hair. The shampoo's effects will persist for 24 hours, which is more than enough time to pass a hair drug test.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The price is 10517, source. Hundreds of delighted clients have tried Aloe Rid shampoo, and we have had a lot of success stories. We have never seen a customer pass a hair drug test without using the Aloe Rid shampoo beforehand. Users have given the product a 5-star rating, making it one of the most effective and popular hair detox shampoos on the market. Many internet forums and blog comments attest to the fact that this shampoo is the real deal and can help you pass common hair drug tests. ⇒ Click Here to Visit the Official Website of Toxin Rid The Toxin Rid brand isn't the only reliable one available. A few additional shampoos include comparable components and are designed to achieve the same thing: penetrate the hair quickly and remove toxins and contaminants. One of these is Zydot Ultra Clean, which is well-known in the marijuana world due to its use in the Jerry G hair detox procedure. It's a three-part system, with shampoo, purifier, and conditioner packets included in each box. To get the most out of Zydot, make sure you've properly cleansed your hair before applying it. This brand is designed to be used on the day of the hair follicle drug tests. Keep in mind that only half of the zydot ultra clean shampoo packet should be used initially, with the remaining half saved for after the purifier and before the conditioner. Since the natural accumulation of oil would expose the hair and scalp to recontamination throughout the day, Ultra Clean will remain effective for a period of 24 hours after usage. Make sure you shampoo your hair with the product right before your test. It is insufficient as a detox procedure on its own. However, it works effectively as a supplement to Aloe Toxin Rid or as part of a wider detox program. It is claimed by users that it successfully removes all toxins from hair, making hair follicle drug tests simpler to pass. While it works well as a solo product for light and moderate marijuana users, it is insufficient as a detoxifier for chronic or heavy users. Customers praised the product's light and pleasant baby-shampoo-like scent, as well as the fact that the hair retains its natural luster and health even after repeated use. The majority of people gave this product a rating of 4-5 stars. ⇒ Click Here to Visit the Official Website of Zydot For years, the Rescue Detox brand has been on the detoxifying market. Rescue Detox is a fast-acting shampoo that eliminates opiates, cocaine, THC, and other substances from hair follicles until they are no longer detectable by routine hair follicle drug testing. If you're on a budget, Rescue Detox Hair Shampoo is a viable option. It claims to work in as little as an hour and protects you for up to 24 hours against a positive hair test. Its ground-breaking solution can also be used to cure damaged hair. It primarily removes impurities from the hair, enters the hair shaft, and removes undesired chemicals and drug poisons from the hair. It also conditions the hair, making it healthier and easier to handle. The product comes in a 2 oz bottle, intended for single use. Use a small amount of shampoo and massage it into your scalp thoroughly to receive the best outcome. It is also important that you avoid the use of any styling products on your hair and that you do not cover your hair. The shampoo's effects will persist for 24 hours, which is more than enough time to pass a hair drug test.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts