This time, there is nothing revolutionary. No "ah-ha." Just a sense that I am ready, willing, and able...so why not go with it?
I'm starting with a two-week goal. Namely, for two weeks, I'm avoiding carbs and booze. (I am not sure what I'm planning to do after these two weeks are up, but I'll worry about that later.)
The good news is that after five days, I've lost five pounds. The bad news is that I gained that much over the holidays, so rather than my clothes feeling a little loose, they simply no longer feel a little tight. HUGE ENORMOUS SIGH I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF SIGH SIGH.
But this got me thinking. What ARE my goals? I mean, if I am actually going to lose all this stupid weight, what are my realistic milestones?
Don't laugh at me, but here's what they are:
- Lose holiday weight. (-5 lbs from starting weight)
- Get to the weight I got to when I was taking swim classes after Eve was born. (-10 lbs from starting weight)
- Fit into pants my sister got me for Christmas. (I can get them on now, but they don't "fit". Could I wear them out? Yes. Would I have a giant red indentation along my waistline for several hours afterwards? Also yes.) (-? lbs)
- Get to the weight I got to when I was doing South Beach the last time, when I started this blog and was dating TheBoy. (-22 lbs from starting weight)
- Get into the "ass-pirational" jeans I might have bought in a swim-class-weight-loss bout of excitement.
- Get to the weight I got to when I lost all the weight (after I ballooned because I sort of broke my foot and couldn't MOVE for six weeks and could barely walk for three months). (-27 lbs)
- Get to the weight I was when I arrived in San Francisco, post-divorce-induced diet/workout. (-40 lbs)
- Get to that magic number I almost got to before moving to San Francisco, but didn't, even post-marriage. (-50 lbs)
Oh, there'll still be plenty of weight to lose AFTER #8, but these are my for-now, this-year, enough-is-enough numbers. Whatever you may think, they are grounded in reality. Sadly.