Am I Naked Or Wearing Pants? Even *I* Don't Know!

I refuse to post photos of me where I'm sporting more than one chin, which explains the dearth of photos of me from the last couple years few years four years ever.

But that is not to suggest I'm not otherwise brave stupid. Last night, I took a bath to relieve some of the pressure I'm feeling in my hip joints, as my pelvix slowly releases itself from the rest of me. The awkward task of getting out of the tub -- UGH -- and toweling off -- double UGH! -- left me exhausted, however, and so I had to wobble (like a Weeble) over to the bed and collapse. As I lay there, I looked down at my increasingly ginormous belly and marveled that I could see my toes at all.

And I thought, You know what? To hell with it. I'm going to take a picture of this.

And I did.

You're welcome.

Also, I took a picture of Ish last Friday from the hospital waiting room as we went for our final ultrasound.


I'm sure whatever he's reading will come in very handy once the baby arrives.

Comments

  1. Awesome picture. You make me laugh.

    P.S. We had emailed back in May about what I should do on an upcoming trip to SF. Just wanted to let you know that we were treated to dinner in Napa (Rubicon) and wow, Napa is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That? AWESOME.

    I will do one for you tonight. Except I'll wait til the kid is all wedged in to one side of my uterus - like she does - and instead of looking like a nice round ball like your belly it looks like some kind of messed up alien ski slope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are causing me to have flashbacks to, for some weird reason, when I was so very pregnant with my son.

    Also, that woman who taught your class the other day has been weighing on my mind a lot lately. I wonder if she actually might thing that the cervic is singular and cervix is plural. The same with the pelvix...you do have two hip bones and all. Just thinking about that whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah...I'm sure that Latina mag will provide Ish with all sorts of tips for handling the newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a praying to soon be pregnant girl in my 30's, I am thrilled you are sharing every horrible, errr I mean wonderful thing about your pregnancy with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously impressive photo. I've had two babies and still wouldn't have that courage. Rock on, lil' mama. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love 'the feet beyond the belly' photo. You are the bravest person I know to post such a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, coming down the home stretch, with pictures. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece was going to a prom as someone's date when I was 40 weeks pregnant. I emailed her a belly pic in all its stretch-marked glory with this message:

    Prom night could lead to THIS! Take care, and use a condom.

    Love,
    Me


    My sister? Not amused. Some people have no sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristy, you are such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, sweetie! save that picture for your baby bean. and someday, when that precious bean is a teenager driving you up the wall, you can hold up that picture and yell "do you see what i did for you????"
    -el snarkster

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are now officially my hero. HE. RO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts