All That's Right With Television

It's 8:03 p.m. and "You're The One That I Want" has begun.

In the THREE MINUTES that have aired so far, I've already caught glimpses of the Simon Cowell wannabe, a whole lot of winking (true Broadway style), and Olivia "I've Had Some Work Done" Newton "But Now My Face Doesn't Match My Neck" John.

This is going to be glorious.

For the record, in addition to the requisite inexhaustable pre-teen slumber-party viewing of Grease (times seen: 2,684), I actually got to see it on Broadway when it was revived the first time.

If you can believe it, the version I saw starred Maureen McCormick (that would be Marcia from the real Brady Bunch)...but not as Sandy. No, she starred as Rizzo.

I thought that experience would never be topped, but I have hope for this show.

Comments

  1. I love Grease. I love Olivia.

    I HATE the American Idol knockoff that is this show.

    But I will of course watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, I feel closer to you knowing that we both watched it. I wasn't going to admit it to anybody, but I did and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dvr'd it. Haven't had a chance to watch yet. I think I have to give up a few of my shows cause my dvr is about to explode.

    Looking forward to it though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts