What Twitter Is For



I don't know if you're on Twitter yet.

(Isn't that obnoxious? How I used the word "yet" as though your Twittering were an inevitability? As though I'm partaking in something so wonderful and enlightening that eventually you will have to give in and be cool like me, except because you aren't doing it yet you will never be as cool as I am, because I was doing it before you? Yeah, let's start again.)

I don't know if you're on Twitter. But if you are, please feel free to follow me. I will reciprocate, assuming I don't get the Fail Whale.

(Ooh! Now I'm using fancy Twitterlingo!) (Well, except I made up the word "Twitterlingo.")

As I have mentioned, I'm there as "kristysf."

Also, Ish is there. Uh, as Ish.

Along with many of our friends.

It's a good waste of time. It's considered by some to be "micro-blogging." Sometimes it's a good outlet to be witty, not just to let people know the minutia of your day.

Or, in my case, it's a perfect opportunity for your boyfriend to out you and your pantsless, martini-drinking behaviors.

Comments

  1. I used Twitter yesterday to alert everyone to the fact that my currently job seeking boyfriend spent the entire day without any clothes on.

    I like Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your situation was missing is a sprinkling of goat cheese.

    -el snarkster

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a MOST EXCELLENT Twitter post on Ish's part! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, twitter! i resisted for awhile, and now i'm addicted. i do so enjoy it. and enjoy your and ish's tweets.

    "terrytoons."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twitter is danger! Love love love it for that very reason. It's so much safer for me to send my drunk texts out to the intertubes than to my ex-boyfriends. And I can always delete them in the morning.

    I don't think many people have me on mobile updates though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HIL-AR-I-OUS!

    you're my hero

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me first excuse myself for not being cool enough to be "on" Twitter. That being said, what the hell is a Fail Whale? See? I told you, not cool. But it's ok, I'm not afraid to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't figured out why Twitter. But after this post, I am sure as hell following you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm following you, but I'm kinda jealous that you have SO MANY followers! Also, here's a question: do you have a setting that lets you immediately follow back anyone who follows you? I've noticed how fast some folks reciprocate and figured they must have a plug-in or setting because it takes me a while to notice I have a new follower, let alone decide whether to reciprocate or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a twitter newbie and have been following you and Ish - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You pantsless + martinis = fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is classic! I love it! I tried Twitter a few months ago, and I couldn't figure it out. I may have been hungover though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twitter is either the most brilliant thing ever invented or the biggest waste of time. I forget which. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have succumbed to Twitter and I think it probably is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts