Promtacular! Update

Just wanted to let you know that Promtacular! has been cleaned, following the hack-attack of two weeks ago.

I understand that some of you still get warnings when you visit. If this is happening, it's for one of a few reasons, sadly:

  • If you've visited the site before, please make sure your cache and cookies have been deleted; this works for most people
  • In some cases, you may have gotten a virus/malware from Promtacular! OR from other sites that experienced this attack recently (like Awkward Family Photos). It didn't necessarily come from my site -- but it will be "activated" by visiting my site. Thus...
  • PLEASE be sure you have run your virus software (specifically stuff that looks for malware) and be sure to get rid of anything bad. A friend of mine writes:
    Try using Malwarebytes - it's free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    and if you're running Windows, look for 
    C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\53\
    and delete anything after deployment\cache

I have been assured by Network Solutions, Google, WordPress and two of my friends who actually went through all of my files that there is no malware on the site...but whatever WAS there was a huge pain in the ass.

All that said, I've got a great weekend special for Promtacular! on its way!




Comments

  1. I gave you an award. Come check it on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A different Tasha11:34 PM, April 29, 2010

    Picture are back to not showing up in the RSS feed.. is this something you are looking into?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts