PARTRIDGE!

Here's my a cappella group's version of the mixed up 12 Days of Christmas, fashioned after Straight No Chaser's performance.


Please note:
1) We sing this slower than Straight No Chaser does for a few reasons, but primarily so that we can remember what we're supposed to be singing after we've had a cocktail or two. Also because we want to be sure the audience can follow along after THEY have had a cocktail or two.
2) This is a live performance at a bar. The acoustics are pretty good considering, but keep in mind that no one has a mic, so the "balance" of our vocals and harmonies is only as good as where you (or a video camera) happens to be standing.
3) While we would love to transition into "Africa," doing so loses its effect when you don't have an amazing black guy who can bring it home with a tremendous falsetto. Thus, we went in another direction.

I'm the fuzzy one in the right corner wearing a giant red boa.

Comments

  1. Beautiful and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that you're wearing a boa....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome. You are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool. I'd love to find something like this in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun are YOU! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this song! So much fun. And love what you did to finish it off. I thought I'd share my male med student a capella group's version from this year.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sm2y_kw3lE&feature=related

    I'm the tall one with the beard who can't stand still during the africa part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOL'ed - then did again as I waited for more of it to load. LOVE acapella groups, esp those with humor to spare.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooo jealous! Kristy, this is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are TOO much fun! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That performance was just so fun and cute, too. You guys are pretty good...ya know...you really are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it! really fun. and such great voices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The song is awesome! Also, just wanted to let you know that the gift guide saved my Christmas this year. The husband loves the Tendskin and dish scrubber :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fan-frickin'-tastic! I loved it right away, and then was even MORE impressed when you explained the less-that-ideal environment/acoustics/recording equipment. Dang girl, your group is GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts