2012 In Bullets & Pictures & Bug Spray

I'm currently huddled over the kitchen table, trying to work. I'm wearing a tent-like smock dress because it's one of the few remaining (clean) items I own that I can still fit into post- "holiday gluttony." I shoved leggings on under the dress because it's like 35 degrees out and also let's not discuss the leg hair situation. (Oops. Too late.) I have a "for emergencies" (because it's horribly unflattering) sweater on on top of the smock dress and a scarf wrapped around my neck. My hair isn't totally dry from my shower this morning (a rare luxury, showering in the morning) and so it's piled onto my head in some sort of tangly mess, whatever. The point is, I'm next to the OPEN sliding glass door in the kitchen, letting a freezing cold draft in, wearing a sweater and boots and scarf with pseudo-wet hair while my laptop is precariously situated on the kitchen table (beside marker stains and a glop of kid-yogurt from this morning) because I can't sit in my office because of the spraying. I don't want to pass out from poison gas.

Well, no. The guy said I wouldn't. He said, "You know, it'll just make you dizzy for a while. It won't kill you." OH OKAY THEN.

Let me start again.

Happy New Year!

About 30 millionteen things have happened since I used to blog regularly (REMEMBER HOW I AM A BLOGGER?), although when I go to summarize it, it doesn't sound that impressive. Here's what happened last year (please see corresponding photos below):
  1. I worked a lot. Like, a LOT a lot. Like, regularly going 3 days without showering/eating lunch standing over the sink in under 10 minutes between calls/scheduling simple visits with friends 3 weeks in advance a lot.
  2. Ish got a new job and also worked a lot. (But he totally showered every day.)
  3. The kids got a year older and a year cuter, per Facebook & Instagram evidence.
  4. I decided to go platinum blond with a big, bright "Suburban mom trying too hard" streak in my hair. Because why the hell not? And I like to quote my haters.
  5. Eve started preschool.
  6. Ish and I went to Chicago for a weekend with our old friends Ben & Emily, and brought Ish's sister along for the ride. We had a great time, and packed a whole lot into two days.
  7. Um.
  8. In October, my sister, Samantha, drove across the country with her new boyfriend and they moved in with us, along with their dog. Surprise!
  9. In December, we all went to Disneyworld. ("We all" = 15 of us and it's a long story.)
  10. Christmas!
  11. Then it rained a lot and now we have fleas. Which is why the guy sprayed our house. (And I thought I was all prepared -- the animals are safely outside and the kids and my husband and sister are out of the house. Except OOPS. I forgot to make arrangements for myself. Thus, here we are. Me, a little dizzy. Probably actually will die.)

But otherwise I think you're pretty much caught up with the Sammis Highlight Reel from 2012. Pete and I took an overnight trip to SF for a Giants game once, and then later they won the World Series and that was neat. I attended a funeral last August and blogged about it. My cousins had a baby in November.

Personally, I'm great! Sort of!

I am happy with work although the stress has been, at times, totally overwhelming. I do my best to always spend quality time with my kids every day.

I don't do a lot of "me" stuff, though, other than zone out after the kids are in bed, which has increasingly meant drinking wine after 8 p.m. and snacking even later, and oh hey! I've gained 15 pounds over the last nine months. THESE THINGS MAY BE RELATED.

Still, at this point it's probably noteworthy that since I started this blog SEVEN YEARS AGO to chronicle my weight-loss efforts, the only thing that has remained constant is that I (basically) haven't lost weight.  The good news is that I truly, genuinely find this funny.

Can you tell me YOUR 2012 in bullets? I'll be here.

Photos for just because:
1. I had to add a tiara to my "professional" headshot.
2. Ish at Frog's Leap Winery (highly recommended! go visit!)



3a. Eve, January 2012
3b. Eve, January 2013


3c. Towns, December 2011
3d. Towns, December 2012



4. Pink Streak, March

5. First day of preschool


6a. Chicago
6b. Chicago, Ish's sister

6c. Also on the river in Chicago. Ben is being...Ben. And Emily is laughing at his ridiculousness. And yes, his shirt says, "Am I supposed to have a boner right now?

6d. Chicago, from our boat on the river




8a. I tracked Sam's trip across the country using Google Latitude. There she is!
8b. Sam and the kids do selfies
9. Disney - Breakfast with the characters, and pure bliss
10. Our "Christmas" card photo which became our "New Year's" card because we mailed them out on January 7.


BONUS PICTURES IN NO ORDER FOR NO REASON!

Above: My cousin, Matt, and I at Christmastime in Connecticut.
Below: Matt's son and my daughter, at Christmastime in California.
Two impromptu shots, 36 years apart.
(Only after I took the one below did I remember I had the one above.)

Random SF Giants Game! 

We went to Vegas for a weekend and got hair/makeup done just because.
(Kinda foxy, right?) 

OMG. Eve took a dance "class" and this was the big recital. She's dancing to "Firework" by Katy Perry.

Yep. This happened.

Sunday in Napa (@ Biale Winery)

HALLOWEEN! 

One of the awesomest things that happened this year was that we grew closer to our friends in Napa.
This is Erin
I tried to start a meme and totally failed, but whatever.
Funny picture.


Comments

  1. Fun! So happy to see a post from you.

    Here's my bullets:

    1. I realized the company I moved to San Diego for was going under.
    2. I was trying to decide if I wanted to stay in San Diego and flipped flopped between moving back to the Bay Area
    3. I decided to leave my job and move on to another company.
    4. Whoops. The new job didn't start for a month. Hello, credit card debit!
    5. In addition to my new job (at a retail giant = LOTS of walking), my exercise classes really started paying off and I needed to buy new pants (for a good reason).
    6. I took a second job to pay off the credit card debt.
    7. Lots of work
    8. Lots of work and stress
    9. Lost of work and stress and I quit the second job
    10. I realized staying in San Diego was the right choice
    11. I stopped for a minute and looked around me, realizing, "Oh. I've made friends. I have a group of girlfriends". (BTW this hasn't happened since Elementary school).
    12. I worked a lot. (Retail, Christmastime).

    PS I love the picture of you and your cousin and the comparison with your daughter and cousin's son. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy, happy new year!

    my 2012 bullets:

    1. rang in the new year with family
    2. got back together with the guy i dated for a few years after a separation of three months
    3. broke my wrist on cinco de mayo when i tried to learn how to ride a bike
    4. spent a week in marco island, fl for my dear aunt's memorial service and my birthday
    5. spent a week's vacation helping a friend apartment hunt here in pittsburgh
    6. did a lot of fishing and hiking
    7. did a lot of relaxing (as my huge ass can vouch for)
    8. celebrated halloween with fantastic friends in orlando, fl. in a strip club in the middle of the afternoon. then in the streets of downtown orlando.
    9. started working on a *massive* project for work that makes me wanna cry and / or punch things. often.
    10. ended the relationship that had rekindled in april. (fuck him!)
    11. had the best friendsgiving that has ever been had.
    12. my dog died. on my 14 year work anniversary. (fuck cancer in dogs)
    13. i got the pukey / shitty 48 hour bug. kuck!
    14. christmas!

    i'm sure there is more, but that is pretty much the highlights. and honestly, it was a good year. ups and downs, but mostly ups.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to thank you for that "surburban mom trying too hard link" :) Silver Palate Oatmeal, you really are living the high life. I paid roughly a million dollars once for two tiny streaks in my hair, did not seem worth it. Can never seem to get a hairdresser who wants to do anything too funky for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is fun. Here's mine:

    1) I dropped my phone. In a toilet. That same day, I got three (count 'em THREE) emails about reviewing apps for the toilet phone. I am now using a phone that's best feature is the fact that it was never in a toilet
    2) My kids got older and cuter. I got older, not so much cuter.
    3) I took a job making just above minimum wage because no one seems to think "blogger" is a marketable position and I really would prefer to work from home.
    4) I stopped dying my hair entirely, going for the "suburban mom who's not even trying to look hot anymore" title.
    5) I joined a few FB groups because I'm a glutton for punishment
    6) I started a diet program because I never, ever want to actually lose the babyweight
    7) I hate every.single.thing about my job except the fact that they pay me, except I hate how small the checks are for what I'm giving up
    8) Lily started SCHOOL! Kindergarten next fall! (sniff, sniff)
    9) I found some old videos and it was confirmed that my son looks like me with a butch cut. My daughter, however, looks like she might have been adopted.
    10) I haven't had a haircut in forever because that seems like a crazy indulgent luxury.
    11) I feel like I should have more bullet points...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi - thank you for posting again. I miss reading about your goings-on. Have been in a bit of withdrawal when Crazy Aunt Purl stopped posting for a long while too. You are great, don't forget that,and foxy no matter what the scale says, OK???? Your IIF in Seattle, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi

    your website is coooool !

    visit my website , please

    Limoo20 upload center

    it's free and powerfull for upload your file and picture

    just try !!

    http://up.limoo20.ir/index.php?l=en

    and read English article


    http://limoo20.ir/category/english-article/

    thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, Kristy where are you. Your IIF's are waiting for your return. I was totally loving your video posts with each weeks weight loss. (Remember that?)
    Ok, come back to us, we need you!

    BTW - the only reason I am anonymous is because I don't know what the other stuff on the list is.....what is AIM? Something I am lacking, apparently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The funny thing is that I would have to describe my 2012 with actual bullets. Thanks, East Oakland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This could be my favorite things to do. I have a dream to go there when I was a child. But it was pass and I can really sure this amazing to go there and meet our favorite character and interaction with them just like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh east Oakland I hear you! and the bullets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed to get This is a great posting I like your article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The post is absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need! Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! I will bookmark your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at the way my associate Wesley Virgin's biography begins with this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    You see, Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the EXACT same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's mostly because the majority of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe that thought has even occurred INSIDE your own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind 7 years ago, while riding a non-registered, beat-up trash bucket of a car with a suspended license and with $3 on his banking card.

    "I'm absolutely frustrated with going through life paycheck to paycheck! When will I get my big break?"

    You've been a part of those those thoughts, isn't it so?

    Your success story is going to start. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Take Action Now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that produce the greatest changes. Thanks for sharing!” Digital Marketing in Egypt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou for giving me useful information.
    Please keep posting. 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete

  16. LGBTQ.ONE is a totally new experience, combining social network, gathering place, meeting and dating site, and lots of games, contests and events to keep it interesting, LGBTQ.ONE IS UNIQUE! Stop in and check us out. Catch up with old friends, meet new ones. Communicate, investigate, have fun and exchange ideas. You are always welcome here at LGBTQ.ONE. How can we work with you? Please call us at 1-800-LGBTQ-01 Thank You! LEARN MORE WITH OUR 88 SECOND YOU TUBE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yNv0OFTJdM
    HTTPS://THEAPP.ONE

    ReplyDelete

  17. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us Amazing info. Fantastic post.
    Thanks For Sharing such an informative article, Im taking your feed also, Thanks.filebot-crack/

    ReplyDelete

  18. It solved all my queries perfectly. Our HP Printer offline service is also offered to get your printer offline.
    Our HP Printer offline service is also offered to get your printer offline.
    family-historian-crack

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was looking for this information from enough time and now I reached your website it’s really good content.
    Thanks for writing such a nice content for us.
    2019/03/13/windows-7-starter-product-key-free

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is really enjoyable to visit your website because you have such an amazing writing style.
    Clone Files Checker

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is a great reminder of the importance of heart health. Knowing the reasons to see a cardiologist can save lives. Thanks for sharing these valuable insights! ❤️🫀 #HeartHealth

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks this content is very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for sharing this incredible article. Your commitment to delivering valuable information is evident and truly appreciated. The dedication you display in providing such informative content does not go unnoticed. I am confident that it not only benefits us but also many others. Your consistent production of high-quality articles is truly commendable. Keep up the excellent work, and please continue to share your valuable insights. Your contributions have a meaningful impact, and we are thankful for the knowledge you share. Thank you once again for your insightful and enlightening posts! Are you in search of assistance with assignments? Look no further! We offer finance assignment help services with a proficient team of over 200 assignment experts. Be assured that we are committed to guiding you through your assignments. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us promptly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts