Well, no. The guy said I wouldn't. He said, "You know, it'll just make you dizzy for a while. It won't kill you." OH OKAY THEN.
Let me start again.
Happy New Year!
About 30 millionteen things have happened since I used to blog regularly (REMEMBER HOW I AM A BLOGGER?), although when I go to summarize it, it doesn't sound that impressive. Here's what happened last year (please see corresponding photos below):
- I worked a lot. Like, a LOT a lot. Like, regularly going 3 days without showering/eating lunch standing over the sink in under 10 minutes between calls/scheduling simple visits with friends 3 weeks in advance a lot.
- Ish got a new job and also worked a lot. (But he totally showered every day.)
- The kids got a year older and a year cuter, per Facebook & Instagram evidence.
- I decided to go platinum blond with a big, bright "Suburban mom trying too hard" streak in my hair. Because why the hell not? And I like to quote my haters.
- Eve started preschool.
- Ish and I went to Chicago for a weekend with our old friends Ben & Emily, and brought Ish's sister along for the ride. We had a great time, and packed a whole lot into two days.
- In October, my sister, Samantha, drove across the country with her new boyfriend and they moved in with us, along with their dog. Surprise!
- In December, we all went to Disneyworld. ("We all" = 15 of us and it's a long story.)
- Then it rained a lot and now we have fleas. Which is why the guy sprayed our house. (And I thought I was all prepared -- the animals are safely outside and the kids and my husband and sister are out of the house. Except OOPS. I forgot to make arrangements for myself. Thus, here we are. Me, a little dizzy. Probably actually will die.)
But otherwise I think you're pretty much caught up with the Sammis Highlight Reel from 2012. Pete and I took an overnight trip to SF for a Giants game once, and then later they won the World Series and that was neat. I attended a funeral last August and blogged about it. My cousins had a baby in November.
Personally, I'm great! Sort of!
I am happy with work although the stress has been, at times, totally overwhelming. I do my best to always spend quality time with my kids every day.
I don't do a lot of "me" stuff, though, other than zone out after the kids are in bed, which has increasingly meant drinking wine after 8 p.m. and snacking even later, and oh hey! I've gained 15 pounds over the last nine months. THESE THINGS MAY BE RELATED.
Still, at this point it's probably noteworthy that since I started this blog SEVEN YEARS AGO to chronicle my weight-loss efforts, the only thing that has remained constant is that I (basically) haven't lost weight. The good news is that I truly, genuinely find this funny.
Can you tell me YOUR 2012 in bullets? I'll be here.
Photos for just because:
|1. I had to add a tiara to my "professional" headshot.|
|2. Ish at Frog's Leap Winery (highly recommended! go visit!)|
|3a. Eve, January 2012|
|3b. Eve, January 2013|
|3c. Towns, December 2011|
|3d. Towns, December 2012|
|4. Pink Streak, March|
|5. First day of preschool|
|6b. Chicago, Ish's sister|
|6d. Chicago, from our boat on the river|
|10. Our "Christmas" card photo which became our "New Year's" card because we mailed them out on January 7.|
BONUS PICTURES IN NO ORDER FOR NO REASON!
|Above: My cousin, Matt, and I at Christmastime in Connecticut. |
Below: Matt's son and my daughter, at Christmastime in California.
Two impromptu shots, 36 years apart.
(Only after I took the one below did I remember I had the one above.)
|Random SF Giants Game!|
|We went to Vegas for a weekend and got hair/makeup done just because.|
(Kinda foxy, right?)
|OMG. Eve took a dance "class" and this was the big recital. She's dancing to "Firework" by Katy Perry.|
|Yep. This happened.|
|Sunday in Napa (@ Biale Winery)|
|One of the awesomest things that happened this year was that we grew closer to our friends in Napa. |
This is Erin.
|I tried to start a meme and totally failed, but whatever. |