Sunday, June 09, 2013

All Good Things

I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news (which isn't really) is that I am giving up the ghost.

I am retiring this blog. 

Retiring it, I must add, after...wait for it...EIGHT-AND-A-HALF YEARS. Eight is a lot of years, Invisible Internet Friends.

And you know that everything in my life is so far, and so different, from where it was when I began this crazy blog-thing. Writing about being huddled over my laptop shirtless, slurping soup, before another internet date. (Shirtless because I didn't want to get soup stains on my date-night shirt; soup because it was literally the only thing in my entire apartment that could come close to qualifying as "dinner material.")

It's not like I have my act together now. It's just packaged differently. Not SF; Napa. Not single; married. Not bored at work; overworked. And there are kids somewhere around here, probably using permanent marker to draw "pirates" on "your fings, mama." And yet in soooo many ways? My messy, crazy, full-of-silly-spills life is exactly the same. It just has totally different wrapping paper.

And so, I decided, so should my blog.

I've launched Napa Candy. It's just me, except with different wrapping paper.




10 comments:

  1. This blog was one of the very first I followed, way back in the day. End of an era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a long time! Headed over to the new blog! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A round of applause for your blog post. Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so, she used to just walk around with it. I'll look forward to Napa Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll follow you anywhere! xoxo
    also, this blog was one of the first i checked every day, religiously, just to see if you had posted. (yeah, i wasn't smart enough to use a reader back then.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also visited your blog reading through, I think your grammar spell is good

    Baby Names

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following for years, from single in sf. Great bookends though, to go from married to married. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete