I stare at the television, looking as disheveled as it is possible to look, and just go, "HUH?" And then in a sweet, sing-song voice, tell Eve how much we love Rachel Maddow.
Sigh. I can't bring myself to get into the political debate here. I've just written and deleted about nine paragraphs, realizing that I have too much to say but I'll either just be preaching to the choir or my words will fall on deaf ears. My blog is not the place to change minds.
But it is the place for me to spout off. And so my top thoughts on the current state of the healthcare "debate" and Town Halls and astroturfing are thus:
- Whoa, there, crazypants. No one is coming to take your guns away. On my planet, giving all citizens access to healthcare doesn't have anything to do with your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. So while you're busy defending yourself against lower insurance premiums, please keep in mind that your right to bear arms does not supersede my right to peaceful assembly.
- Obama cannot be a Fascist and a Nazi AND a Socialist and a Communist. While also being a secret Muslim.
- Oh, and speaking of secrets? Obama is not talking about a nationalized healthcare option because he is secretly a citizen of Kenya. No, really.
- You want your America back? From whom? Where did it go? I swear, it was here just a second ago. Oops! See, it's still here, right where you left it.
- Ohmigod Obama's mother-in-law does not practice witchcraft ohmigod.
- I would LOVE to hear your ideas on how to keep the government away from your Medicare.
- Can Barney Frank be my uncle? Please?