I'm Proclaiming Things Again

LIFE.

I swear. I keep reprioritzing blogging -- I AM GOING TO BLOG MORE OFTEN! -- and then it's three weeks later and I'm sitting here in mis-matched, ill-fitting clothes with pureed sweet potatoes crusted under my fingernails wondering whether I forgot to put on a bra on today or if it was a conscious-albeit-pre-coffee-decision that I just don't remember making.

Working from home "part-time" takes EVERY SECOND YOU HAVE if you have a child under foot. That's just an FYI for any of you who think that working from home while you have a baby is "luxurious." Also, please see the above paragraph, wherein I can't remember how I came to spend the day braless.

So maybe the key is, once again, to just write whatever I can, whenever I can, and not feel bad/guilty/stressed/lame for posting short posts.

Let me just tell you that, among other things, I spent this past weekend consuming my weight in beer and carbs and I haven't run since Friday and I don't feel even the slightest bit of remorse. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to lose another ten pounds by BlogHer, which is a giant, mystical goal that MUST BE ACHIEVED. Granted, I may have to rely on magic. But I'm okay with that.

Comments

  1. Your blog is one of the blogs that I check every day because I love reading it, but I'm sure your readers don't get angry when you don't post every day. So neither should you! I think if you approach it in the "write whatever I can, whenever I can", as you said, that you will probably do it more often! You'll do it because you want to and let's face it, guilt is a useless emotion. This is one of my favourite pictures for guilt right now: http://tinyurl.com/guiltisuseless
    So keep doing what you're doing because it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Working part time from home with two preschoolers isn't much better. Instead of cries for your attention you get fighting and near death experiences. On the days I do go into the office are heaven, I leave they are well entertained and I can get my work done in half the time. I feel you, girl. Don't let anyone tell you working from home is better. Doing everything half as well as you can is never better. But we all survive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a cheque for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn taking paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for filling paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts