I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror...

So you may have noticed that I'm not much for celebrity gossip. I like to know what's going on, of course, but I really just don't care. I can't care. If I cared, I'd spend all of my time rolling my eyes and muttering and quite possibly throwing things at the television and pointing and shouting at crap magazines that don't answer because the celebrities these days? They are mostly horrible human beings who are stupid and self-absorbed and out of touch and CRAZY with the ALIENS and but! They are dazzling! And famous! And I love them!

I am conflicted.

I am also in love with Britney. Do not ask, it just is. (And if you ask me, which you didn't but hi! My blog!) the only real parenting mistake she made was having the damn babies in the first place knowing full well who their godforsaken father was going to be.


Anyway.

I bring this up just because I noticed something while standing in line at the grocery store last night.
Did you hear that? That I was at a grocery store? Buying groceries!? And not even for Thanksgiving!?!?!? There may be domestic hope for me yet. What? Oh, well, um, I picked up pesto and asparagus and pasta for Ish to cook. And also wine. But come on! It's a step in the right direction.
I noticed that the creepy Kenny Chesney was on the cover of some magazine. And I couldn't help but stare at him, thinking, "Doesn't he looks like someone else?"

cheeseney2
(This is not the photo I was looking at, but you get the idea.)

"Hmmm," I thought, "those eyes...that scrunchy, pouty face...someone else..." And then I thought, "this guy is totally skeevy to me. I do NOT get what Renee ever saw in him."

And then I realized. "THAT'S who he looks like!"

Zellweger

You may disagree, but it makes a lot of sense to me. What did Renee see in Kenny?

She saw herself, apparently.

Comments

  1. I've always thought there was way too much narcissism involved when people fell suddenly and quickly for another person. I've even heard guys say things like, "she's just like me, but she's a GIRL!" That's when I roll my eyes and mutter that he's just a narcissist, but then, soon enough, it turns out that one of those people is enough apparently because they always flame out as fast as they got things started in the first place. Exhibit A: Kenny & Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from a jungian or freudian point of view, when one falls in love with someone, what's actually happening is that person is "falling in love" with herself/himself. loving oneself? sort of makes sense. following that thread is interesting... when kissing your loved one passionately next time you can whisper "God, i love me with you". it's a great thing. Hi Kristy :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you exactly what she saw in him.

    A quickie wedding that would get her name in the papers, and stop tongues from wagging over the (pretty reliable) rumors about Kenny's sexuality.

    I happen to believe that there is no such thing as a Hollywood marriage that was not cooked up by someone's PR team.

    Maybe I'm just bitter and cynical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I happen to write celebrity gossip. Just sayin'. You could read it at sheknows.com if you were so inclined.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts